An accident or dental illness can cause loss of teeth. The unlucky incident of loosing natural teeth can happen to anyone, even kids. This dental emergency can be successfully treated with the help of dental implants.
What are dental implants?
When a strong force breaks the bond between the teeth and the connected bone, lack of oxygen and blood flow is affected leading to the non-functioning of teeth. To rectify the dental issue re-implantation is done quickly. If it is not done quickly, the ligament will reject any artificial attachment.
Dental implants are metal post that is positioned at the base of the missing teeth underneath the gum to hold replacement teeth. This is surgically done by well experienced dentist. It can be simply stated that the most beneficial way to replace missing teeth is to have dental implant done by skilled dentist surgically to have customised artificial teeth.
There are many factors involved in successful dental implants.
- The procedure of implantation should be done perfectly.
- The proportion of wetness or hydration of tooth.
- No delay in doing the dental implantation.
- Age of the patient.
- Shouldn’t suffer from acute diabetes.
The most important factor for dental implants is that jaw needs to be completely grown. That is the prime reason small kids can’t have dental implantation. If it is done there are ample chances of the dentures spoiling the growth of jaw in the mouth. The recommended age for boys is 17 years and for girls it is 15 years as the jaw in girls grows faster compared to boys.
If kids lose tooth due to some reason they will be unhappy and even their self esteem would be affected. Fortunately, there are other means to replace the missing teeth.
The other available alternatives for kids to replace missing teeth:
- Removable partial denture – In this procedure, the denture is attached with single or double teeth which can be attached or removed as the child wishes.
- Bridge – There are two forms of bridges resin bond and fixed bridge. Resin bonded is much preferred as it doesn’t spoil the adjacent teeth.
- Space maintainer – Best solution for kids who do not have permanent teeth yet. This dental device helps to keep the inner tissue and gums correctly for permanent teeth to grow.
- Braces are quite helpful for teenagers as it can keep everything in place till the new customised tooth is placed after few years.
To know more about dental implants alternatives for kids visit the website https://centredentairestonge.com/.