Mass gainers are supplements that help in increasing muscle mass. We look at the benefits – and possible precautions to take – of consuming mass gainers.
Though losing weight is the end goal for most people who take up some form of exercise, there are some who are underweight to begin with. They wish to gain defined muscle and put on some kilograms as well.
Weight gain is a specific science, helped along by a diet rich in calorific food (but not junk food) and the right kind of weight training to build muscle. Apart from eating healthy and larger portions, you can also add a mass gainerto your diet. It is a dietary supplement that is safe to consume, as long as you use it as directed on the pack.
What are they made of?
Mass gaining supplements contain a mix of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Some products contain extra ingredients such as BCAAs, creatine, vitaminsand minerals.Mass gainers are unique formulations that safeguard your body from several infections and potential illnesses, too.
Benefits of consuming mass gaining supplements
- Helps meet calorific needs
For those who find it difficult to gain weight, a mass gainerwill make it easier like never before. It contains more protein than whey protein supplements. With mass gaining supplements, anyone can easily put on weight without consuming junk food.
- Improves exercise performance
Mass gaining supplements contain a healthy mix of multivitamins that provide essential micro-nutrient requirements and improve your metabolism. They also help you gain more energy for intense training sessions. The high concentration of carbohydrates refills the glycogen proportion in your body.
- Helps in faster muscle recovery and growth
If you are currently on a strict bodybuilding regime, then you need to show good muscle recovery to gain muscle faster, and to stave off exercise-related soreness. Mass gaining supplements contain L-glutamine, a special amino acid that plays a crucial role in muscle fatigue recovery. It provides you with a healthy immune system so you don’t have to miss out your workout routine due to minor illness.
- Removes toxins from the body and eases digestion
A mass gaining supplement comprises of a high proportion of fiber. This plays an important role in removing toxins from your body. It also prevents bloating and improves digestion. The mass gainer supplement thus helps your digestion become stronger, and keeps the system healthy.
- Helps you stay lean
Mass gaining supplements contain high-quality whey protein, which helps you stay lean even when your muscle is gaining mass.
Precautions to take…
- There are certain factors that need to be considered while consuming mass gainer Gaining the necessary mass is fine, but make sure you do not gain fat. Always follow a strict workout routine and a proper diet plan when you take such supplements.
- It is recommended that you have small meals every 2 or 3 hours for better results.
- Also, mass gainers do not work for all users. Some people might report sudden weight gain, or an allergic reaction to the soy content in some gainers. Make sure you consult your doctor before taking the supplement.