The World of Cosmetic Dentistry
The overall appearance of the teeth gets improved if one opts for Cosmetic Dentistry. To get the smile which you desire, cosmetic dentist Toronto helps you with the transformation. Many are still unaware of what cosmetic dentistry is. In simple terms, it is a process of smile makeover as well as dental corrections. However, one can look it in two different ways.
1. Undetectable Methods
These involve treatments such as dental bonding. Here a composite material is used to repair the teeth. Cosmetic dentist Toronto does this improvement in complete natural form. It means you cannot find out the difference between bonded and real teeth. It is mainly done in cases where teeth are chipped or badly broken. Similar kind of treatments is inlays and onlays. These are indirect fillings. Materials such as gold, porcelain, or composite materials are used in this process. These materials which look the same as the tooth are used to fill the gaps in between the teeth. Cosmetic dentist Toronto performs this treatment at the laboratory. The material gets bonded within the centre of the tooth in the inlay process. On the other hand, in “onlay” the biting surface is covered. These procedures cost around $650 to $1,200 per tooth.
2. Dental Reconstruction method
It involves correcting the tooth loss or stains as well as giving some correction to the teeth. For instance, at Cosmetic dentist, Toronto braces and Invisalign are used in cases of misaligned teeth. This process transforms your smile into a pleasing one. It ultimately boosts your confidence.
Other treatments which fall under this category are:
- Porcelain veneers – This is used to repair the cracks in the teeth using the thin layer of material called porcelain. Even to cover the discolored spots of teeth, this is used. In case you do not find success with the process of teeth whitening, this method is applied.
- Teeth whitening: It is the method used to give you a bright and shiny smile. It is also known as teeth bleaching which. Proper consultation with is needed for this treatment. Cosmetic dentist Toronto
- Crowns: They are used to repair the teeth which are badly shaped or have got decayed. These are caps which are customized to fit the tooth area.
- Cosmetic dental implant: This is another well-known method to reconstruct teeth. It is a metal device placed wherein teeth are missing. It is made of titanium and is placed surgically. This is a permanent method of dental reconstruction.
- Other methods: To alter the position or shape of your teeth there are methods such as reshaping and contouring.
Hence, smile makeover involves various cosmetic procedures, such as dental implants, teeth whitening, using veneers and placing caps. All this is done to improve your smile and thus you can get the show off your shiny bright teeth anytime.