Things You Might Not Know About Akuamma!
Akuamma, scientifically known as Picralima nitida is a plant grown in tropical climate along with Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) in wild conditions. Besides its availability, the interesting thing to know is the facts that make it different from other alkaloids.
Astonishing facts about Akuamma
Akuamma is an alkaloid that has created a distinct identity in the past because of its medicinal features. Here are few facts to know before you start a hunt to find Akuamma powder –
- This powder is found and used extensively in the West African regions for medicinal purpose.
- At one period, a hospital in Ghana started manufacturing medicines using this alkaloid with a dose of 250 mg per capsule.
- The most potent alkaloids are Akuammine and Pericine. In which, Akuammine is similar to the mitragynine of kratom.
- Yohimbine is used to treat erectile dysfunction and sometimes to reverse sedation in dogs.
- Synthetic studies prove it be an anti-malarial drug and are used to treat malaria as well as diarrhea.
Gold leaf botanicals specialize in harvesting wild herbs of high quality at low prices.
Effects of Akuamma powder –
- Reduces pain – Due to its mild analgesic effects, it is used to reduce pain in lupus.
- Anti-malarial effects – As per synthetic studies, this drug can treat malaria but it has been used in African countries even before these studies were published.
- Fights parasites.
- Effective in the treatment of diabetes.
Difference between Akuamma and kratom
Although they are grown together in the wild or have structural synchrony there’s a distinct difference between the two.
- The first difference is their use. Akuamma is legal but kratom is yet to be legal.
- There isn’t any specific strain in Akuamma like in kratom.
- Akuamma has a mild sedative effect and hence is used to provide a sleeping effect.
On the other hand, kratom has different strains of different strengths.
Like many meds, Akuamma also has side-effects and following are some of them –
- Upset stomach
- Mild headache
- Gastrointestinal disorders (this usually occurs on the consumption of Akuamma seeds on a large scale)
The usual dosage is 2 to 4 grams. However, 6 grams gives the strongest effect.
Good health is a great gift by God and maintaining it in the day-to-day world is hectic. With increasing diseases, the variety of chemicals entering your system has also increased.